Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Escape from the World Day 1

Florida beckoned bright and early at 3:00AM.  The cheapest direct flight to Tampa departed from Buffalo at 6:00AM.  I guess this is one of those times when it pays to be an early riser.  I was fairly unfazed, but from the looks of most of my fellow travelers, I was in the minority.  The early hour did not deter Bill from chatting non-stop with the third passenger in our row on the plane, however.  It's good to know that there are some things in life that remain constant no matter the hour of the day or the day of the week.  <Le Sigh>.

It was overcast and 68 degrees in Tampa and felt like paradise.  The beach was fabulous, with many intriguing shells laying here and there.  I was told that I needed to get down to the beach "at the crack of dawn to beat all the old ladies to the really good shells."   Hmmm.... ok. 

Day 1 has been low-key. Walks on the beach, delicious dinner, cocktail hour with condo friends.  The early start has caught up with me.  At 9:30PM, I am showered and in my pajamas, looking forward to a good night's sleep with the sound of the ocean surf in my ears.  Life is good.....life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment