Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Year in the Life...

It has been one year and a month since my Mom passed.   As I look forward to Mother's Day tomorrow, I find myself missing her more than I did on Mother's Day last year.  It shouldn't be that way..... or are there no rules about these emotions?  My Mom loved buffet brunches.  Which is exactly how we celebrated Mother's Day with her every year.  And it is how we will celebrate tomorrow.

What I am thankful for are some of the really wonderful mothers in my life.  My mother-in-law, who is as loving and supportive as anyone could wish for.   She is one of the rocks in our life.  When she is in Florida for four months, it's like there's a huge hole somewhere.  Bill is devoted to her, and I will admit that there have been times in our history when that devotion has been been taxing for a variety of reasons, but here and now, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I know many fine ladies with young children, and they are all fantastic Moms.  One of them sings with me, and her overwhelming enthusiasm for her kids is almost infectious.   I have a very dear friend who continually amazes me.  She is one of the most loving and devoted mothers and grandmothers I have ever known.  In all fairness, I can't even say that I could ever hope to emulate her, because I believe that there are abilities that are just instinctive and inborn.  She is truly a wonder.

The nice thing about Facebook is that I know that there are others dealing with exactly the same feelings right now.  It helps to share.  There are an awful lot of great Moms up in heaven.  Here's to them.  We've known their love, their anger, their pride and their happiness.   Tomorrow is about all the great Moms - our own and everyone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment