Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10, 2015 Not a Bad Weekend

Checking in today with good news.  We had a nice, confrontation-free weekend.  Of course we were apart all day, both days and only met up at dinnertime.  Rather than analyzing what that might mean, I'll just accept it.   Because...... the last "episode" occurred on a weeknight....

Breathe... and one day at a time.  I am very happy that we are going to Toronto for two days, on a weekend that coincidentally falls on my birthday.  I am really not comfortable with the idea that this trip is "for my birthday".   Bill keeps teasing me that it is.  In my mind, it is NOT.  We try to go to Toronto at least once a summer, and the summer is rapidly disintegrating.  The 22-23rd just happens to be the weekend of which both of us have no other commitments.  This is not a milestone birthday, so I feel really uncomfortable thinking of this getaway as a birthday trip,  He will persist, though, because that way he gets to paint me as the self-centered jerk - at least that's how I feel when he refers to it as a "birthday trip".

<Sigh>....... one thing is for sure.  We are staying in a very cool hotel, and if it's the same type of room as last time, the room is also very cool.  I had the misfortune of getting my period the day we arrived last time.   A crushing disappointment, to say the least.  We had better make up for that misfortune this time around - bring on the wild night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment